Vietnam, a beautiful country that located in Asia nowadays attracts more and more foreigners day by day thanks to the easy movement and simple applying visa process. Although some foreigners when entering Vietnam need to apply for a Vietnam visa, Vietnam also has a policy that allows citizens from some countries enter without it. If you wish to be exempted Vietnam visa for your stay, you must be citizen or national of countries having exemption agreement with Vietnam. Is your country in Vietnam Visa Exemption list?
The beautiful landscape and hospitable locals will steal your heart once you come to Vietnam. Many ancient towns, modern cities as well as delicious food will give you unforgettable memory. As any countries, this country also requires you a visa to enter, but there are also has exemption: citizens from 24 countries are exempted from visa, thanks to the Vietnam Visa Exemption rule. Which countries are exempt from Vietnam visa?
How to check if Mexican citizens are required a Vietnam visa?
It is not a new knowledge that Vietnam Visa is a certificate which is granted by Vietnam Government. It allows you to enter or exit Vietnam within the time you register with the Vietnam Immigration department, any immigrant to Vietnam without Visa is illegal, so visa is usually stamped on your passports.
Normally, foreigners wanting to come to Vietnam all have to get Vietnam Visa. But there are some exceptions: Nationals of certain countries may visit Vietnam without visa for a period of time, here under is the list of countries and regions that have Vietnam visa exemption arrangements with Vietnam.
List of countries are exempted from Vietnam visa
As of January 2019, regular passport holders from 24 COUNTRIES below DO NOT need a tourist visa for Vietnam:
|COUNTRIES||PASSPORT REQUIRED||MAXIMUM STAY|
|Chile||Yes||less than 90 days|
|Cambodia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Indonesia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Kyrgyzstan||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Laos||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Malaysia||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Singapore||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Thailand||Yes||less than 30 days|
|Philippines||Yes||less than 21 days|
|Brunei||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Myanmar||Yes||less than 14 days|
|Belarus||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Denmark||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Finland||Yes||less than 15 days|
|France||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Germany||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Italy||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Japan||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Norway||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Russia||Yes||less than 15 days|
|South Korea||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Spain||Yes||less than 15 days|
|Sweden||Yes||less than 15 days|
|United Kingdom||Yes||less than 15 days|
If you are not from any of these countries or you want to visit Vietnam longer than authorized period of stay, please arrange a visa in one of 2 ways: apply directly at a nearby Vietnam Embassy in your region or you can apply online through a visa agent to be granted a visa on arrival and get your Vietnam visa stamped at the airport.
Attention: whether you are required a Vietnam visa or not, your passport should have a validity at least 6 months prior to the trip or at least 1 month after visa expiry date and have at least 01 empty page left.
- The visitors traveling to Phu Quoc Island may stay without a visa for no more than 30 days. This visa waiver program is also applicable to those traveling to the island through any international ports of entry (air and sea).
- The holders of APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) are granted visa-free access to Vietnam for no more than 60 days.
- The citizens of Armenia, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Dominican, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Hungary, India, Iraq, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, Uruguay, Venezuela holding diplomatic or official passport may stay in Vietnam, visa free, for maximum of 90 days.
- The citizens of Angola, Azerbaijan, China, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Myanmar holding diplomatic or official passport are granted visa-free entry for 30 days
- The citizens of Afghanistan, Albania, Belarus, Cuba, North Korea, Nicaragua, Romania holding diplomatic or official passport are exempted a visa to Vietnam. The citizens of Uzbekistan holding diplomatic passport could stay in Vietnam for free visa for 60 days.
- The citizens of Czech, Estonia, Germany, France, Israel, Italy, Poland, Spain, and Switzerland holding diplomatic passport are granted 90 day stay without a visa in Vietnam.
- The citizens of Uzbekistan holding diplomatic passport are exempted a Vietnam visa for 60 days.
- The citizens of Iran are allowed to visit Vietnam without a visa for 1 month if holding diplomatic passport.
If your country is in Vietnam visa exemption list, you will be able to visit Vietnam without a visa, but you are allowed to stay in this country during the limited period. A longer stay will required you a Vietnam visa. In case there is any trouble or questions in your process, you can search for further information on website Vietnam Embassy in Mexico, it is provided for information and service purpose.