If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, whether it be for tourism or business purposes, the first step is obtaining a visa. As an Australian citizen, you are required to obtain a visa before entering Vietnam. In this guide, we will explore the process of obtaining a Vietnamese visa in Sydney, including the necessary documents, fees, and application procedures.
Table of Contents
Types of Vietnamese visas
Before applying for a visa, it is important to determine which type of visa you require. There are several different types of visas available depending on the purpose of your visit:
- Tourist visa: For those visiting Vietnam for tourism purposes.
- Business visa: For those visiting Vietnam for business purposes.
- Transit visa: For those passing through Vietnam to another country.
- Work visa: For those who will be working in Vietnam.
- Student visa: For those studying in Vietnam.
Each type of visa has its own specific requirements and fees. For the purpose of this guide, we will focus on the tourist and business visas, as these are the most commonly obtained by Australians.
The Vietnamese Consulate in Sydney is where you can apply for a Vietnamese visa. The address of the consulate is:
- Address: Suite 205, Level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203-233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, NSW 2027
- Phone: (02) 9327 2539
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended that you make an appointment before visiting the consulate to avoid any delays or complications.
Required documents for a Vietnamese visa
When applying for a Vietnamese visa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your arrival in Vietnam and have at least one blank page for the visa stamp.
- Visa application form: You can download the visa application form from the consulate’s website or obtain a hard copy from the consulate itself.
- Passport photo: One passport-sized photo is required, with the dimensions of 4x6cm.
- Payment: The fee for the visa must be paid in cash or by money order. The fee varies depending on the type of visa you require and the length of your stay in Vietnam.
Applying for a Vietnamese visa
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, you can apply for your Vietnamese visa at the consulate.
The process typically involves:
- Completing the visa application form
- Submitting the visa application form along with the required documents
- Paying the visa fee
- Waiting for processing (typically takes 3-5 business days)
- Collecting your passport with the visa stamp
How much is a Vietnamese visa from Australia?
The cost of a Vietnamese visa depends on the type of visa you require and the length of your stay in Vietnam. As of September 2021, the fees for a single-entry visa are as follows:
- Tourist visa (30 days): AUD 95
- Business visa (30 days): AUD 145
- Tourist visa (90 days): AUD 160
- Business visa (90 days): AUD 190
It is important to note that these fees are subject to change, so it is recommended that you check the latest fees on the consulate’s website or by contacting them directly.
Tips for obtaining a Vietnamese visa
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth and successful visa application process:
- Apply early: Allow plenty of time for your visa application to be processed, particularly during peak travel seasons.
- Double-check your documents: Make sure you have all the necessary documents before submitting your application, and ensure they are filled out correctly.
- Dress appropriately: Consulates are typically formal environments, so dress appropriately when visiting.
- Be polite: Treat consulate staff with respect and courtesy to ensure a positive experience.
Obtaining a Vietnamese visa in Sydney can be a straightforward process as long as you have the necessary documents and follow the correct procedures. By understanding the types of visas available, where to apply, required documents, fees, and application procedures, you will be well on your way to obtaining a visa for your trip to Vietnam.
- How long does it take to process a Vietnamese visa in Sydney? The processing time for a Vietnamese visa at the consulate in Sydney is typically 3-5 business days.
- Can I obtain a Vietnamese visa on arrival? No, Australian citizens are not eligible for a visa on arrival in Vietnam and must obtain a visa before traveling to Vietnam.
- Can I apply for a Vietnamese visa via mail? Yes, you can apply for a Vietnamese visa via mail by sending your application form and supporting documents to the consulate along with a return envelope and payment for the visa fee.
- Can I extend my Vietnamese visa while inVietnam? Yes, it is possible to extend your Vietnamese visa while in Vietnam. However, the process can be complex and time-consuming, so it is recommended that you plan ahead and apply for the appropriate visa before entering Vietnam.
- Can I enter Vietnam with an expired passport? No, your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the date of your arrival in Vietnam. If your passport is due to expire soon, you should renew it before applying for a Vietnamese visa.