The foreigners arriving to Vietnam these days have many questions about Vietnam e-visa which is officially launched on February 1, 2017, by the Vietnamese Government in its pilot plan until February 1, 2021.
For the Costa Rica citizens, the first question should be: Vietnam e-visa is available for Costa Rica passport or not?
Costa Rican Immigration Status
Q: Do the Costa Ricans need Visa to enter Vietnam or not?
A: Yes. Whoever has Costa Rican Nationality living in Costa Rica or other countries has to get Vietnam Visa to enter Vietnam.
To answer this question, we are sorry to inform that at the moment, Costa Rica citizens are NOT eligible for Vietnam e-visa. In the first stage of this plan, this kind of visa is available for just 80 nationals. Further nationalities may be added from time to time, but we are not sure about the time of this move.
So, how to obtain a Vietnam visa for Costa Rica citizens at the moment?
The traditional ways to get Vietnam visa for Costa Rica to remain the same as previously with two options as follows:
- Getting visa via the Vietnam embassy; or
- Getting Vietnam visa on arrival.
|Description||Visa on arrival||Vietnam embassy visa|
|Issued by||Vietnam Immigration Department||Vietnam Embassy|
|Processing time||2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)||No information|
|Processing fee||From US$18 (excluding stamp fee)||No information|
|Additional fees||None||Postal cost, driving, parking fees|
|Passport required||Not required||Required|
Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival via https://visavietnamonline.org
In order to apply for a visa on arrival, you are requested to complete 3 simple steps as follow:
- Step 1: Fill in an online application form and make a payment for the processing service fee
- Step 2: Get a visa approval letter delivered via email within 2 hours (emergency service) or 2 working days (normal service)
- Step 3: Present the original passport, copy of approval letter (in hard copy), 2 photos (at passport sized) and pay the stamping fee to get visa attached on the passport at the arrival airport.
- Apply for a Vietnam Embassy visa in Costa Rica
At present, there is no Vietnam Embassy in Costa Rica to issue a visa directly. You will need to apply for a visa on arrival instead or visit the nearest Embassy of Vietnam in neighboring countries for the help.
If you have any further queries, comments or feedback, please kindly call us by +84 968 18 77 18 or send an email to email@example.com. We are happy to assist you at our best.