Does Canada citizen need visa for entering Vietnam or not?
If you are a resident of Canada then you require a Visa to visit Vietnam. The Canadian citizens visiting the country collect their visa at the international airport of the destination country.
What is Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens?
Steps for procuring a Visa to visit Vietnam
There are a few steps that are associated with procuring a visa from Canada. These are as follows:
- The applicant needs to visit online http://visaonlinevietnam.com/apply-vietnam-visa-form
- He needs to make an online submission of application form within the Canadian territory to procure the approval letter
- He should do the visa stamping upon arrival to the Vietnam International Airport
The above are the tips associated to fetch the visa on arrival for Canadian citizens.
There are certain prerequisites that one (Canadian citizen) needs to carry before applying for Vietnamese Visa. They include the possession of a valid passport (minimum 6 month validity) having pages that are unfilled. Canadian applicants need to travel by air in order to apply for the visa. In that case it is referred to as the visa on arrival type.
If you are an applicant (Canadian citizen) then use the link www.visa-vietnam.org/vietnam-visa-application-online. Use it to apply for a visa and get the approval letter. You can gain entry to the destination country using the approval letter.
Prerequisites required for filling up the visa application form
Following are some of the other prerequisites required to fill up the visa application form.
- Full name of the applicant needs to be mentioned in the passport. However, the order in which the surname and name is placed is not important. So, the applicant uses any format while using it in the passport. Place name before the surname or otherwise.
- The date of birth: The date of birth format in Vietnam is DD/MM/YY.
- The nationality mentioned in the passport. The passport required to gain entry into Vietnam should be valid for 6 months from the date of arrival.
- The passport number: It should be similar to that displayed in the passport and it should be valid for 6 months from the arrival date.
- The date of Arrival: The applicants need to fill up the exact arrival date. Travellers can visit Vietnam later than the arrival date mentioned on the passport, but not before the approved date.
- Passport size photographs: It is mandatory to carry passport photographs while visiting Vietnam. These photos are required at the airports. It is advised to submit online the application form.
Visit customer support team in case of any queries
There is the customer support service centre and therefore if there are any queries pertaining to the visa application process then the applicant can visit the customer support team of the website where the individual has filled and submitted online visa application form.
From the above discussions it is apparent that Canadian citizens do require visas to travel to Vietnam. However, in this context, it can be said that the visa application process is simple in Canada. It does not take that much time to procure the document. There are sections of the population that visit Vietnam for business requirements. There are others who sometimes prefer spending some quality time in that country.
Since the distance between the two countries in context is significant, therefore tourists or business persons prefer to use the air travel as an ideal means of transport.
How to get Vietnam visa in Canada?
To get a Vietnam visa to response Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens, there are 2 ways for you to choose:
1. Apply for your Vietnam visa in a Vietnam Embassy / Consulate
You can go directly to the Vietnam embassy in Canada and you will be instructed step by step on how to apply for a Vietnam visa there. By this way, you have to come directly to the Vietnam embassy at least two times. The first time you come there is to submit required documents and the second one coming there is to get your Vietnam visa.
You can refer to the contact information of the Vietnam embassy in Canada as below:
Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa, Canada
Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6M8
Telephone: (613) 236 0772
Fax: (613) 236 2704
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (Consular)
Website : www.vietem-ca.com
2. Apply online to obtain an approval letter to pick up your Vietnam visa at Vietnam international airports
This way can just be applied in case you travel by air to Vietnam.