Vietnam is a beautiful country in Southeast Asia, known for its stunning natural landscapes, rich history, and vibrant culture. For Jamaican citizens looking to visit Vietnam, a valid visa is required. In this article, we will outline the requirements for obtaining a Vietnam visa for Jamaica passport holders.
Visa Types: Before starting the application process, it is important to determine which type of visa is needed for your trip to Vietnam. There are two main types of visas available for Jamaican citizens: the tourist visa (DL) and the business visa (DN).
The tourist visa is suitable for those who plan to visit Vietnam for leisure or tourism purposes, such as sightseeing, visiting friends or family, or participating in cultural activities. It is valid for a stay of up to 30 days with single or multiple entries.
On the other hand, the business visa is intended for those who will be engaging in business-related activities in Vietnam, such as attending meetings, conferences, or trade shows. It is also valid for a stay of up to 30 days with single or multiple entries.
Required Documents: To apply for a Vietnam visa, Jamaican citizens must prepare the following documents:
- Valid Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Vietnam. It should also have at least two blank pages for entry and exit stamps.
- Visa Application Form: You can obtain the visa application form online from the website of the Vietnamese embassy or consulate in your country. Fill out the form accurately and completely and make sure to sign it before submitting.
- Passport-sized Photo: One recent passport-sized photo (4×6 cm) that was taken within the last six months is required. The photo must have a white background and you must be facing the camera directly with a neutral expression.
- Invitation Letter (for Business Visa): If applying for a business visa, you will need an invitation letter from a Vietnamese company or organization that you will be working with. The letter should state the purpose of your trip, the length of stay, and the details of your business partner in Vietnam.
- Flight Tickets: You will also need to show proof of your flight itinerary to and from Vietnam.
- Visa Fee: The visa fee varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and the processing time you choose (ranging from 1 day to 7 days). It can be paid in cash or by credit card at the embassy or consulate.
Apply for a visa at the Vietnam Embassy
Since there is no representative office of Vietnam’s government in Jamaica at present, the foreigners (including Jamaican citizens and other nationalities residing in Jamaica) are suggested to contact the nearest Vietnamese Embassy in neighboring countries: Cuba and Venezuela to get pre-stamped visa.
Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival from Jamaica in 2023
As of October 31, 2023, Jamaican citizens are required to have a visa to enter Vietnam, regardless of the length of their stay. There are two ways to apply for a Vietnam visa: through a Vietnamese embassy or consulate, or online through the Vietnam Immigration Department.
To apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival from Jamaica, you will need to:
- Complete the online visa application form on the Vietnam Immigration Department website.
- Pay the visa processing fee online.
- Receive a visa approval letter from the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- Present the visa approval letter, your passport, and two passport-sized photos to the immigration officer at the port of entry in Vietnam.
- Pay the visa stamping fee at the port of entry.
Once you have received your visa approval letter, you will be able to enter Vietnam at any of the following international airports:
- Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Hanoi
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) in Ho Chi Minh City
- Da Nang International Airport (DAD) in Da Nang
- Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR) in Nha Trang
- Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC) on Phu Quoc Island
- You must apply for a visa on arrival at least 7 days before your departure date.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in Vietnam.
- You must have at least two blank pages in your passport.
- The visa processing fee is non-refundable.
- The visa stamping fee is payable in cash upon arrival in Vietnam.
If you are unable to find a tour company that offers Vietnam visa sponsorship for Jamaican citizens, you can apply for a Vietnam tourist visa package through a visa agency. This is a more convenient option, but it is also more expensive.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a Vietnam tourist visa package from Jamaica:
- Choose a reputable visa agency. There are many visa agencies that offer Vietnam tourist visa packages. Be sure to choose a reputable agency that has a good track record.
- Provide the visa agency with your passport information and travel dates. The visa agency will use this information to apply for a visa on your behalf.
- Pay the visa processing fee. The visa processing fee will vary depending on the visa agency you choose.
- Receive your visa approval letter. Once the visa agency has received your visa approval letter, they will send it to you electronically.
- Print out your visa approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam. You will need to present your visa approval letter to the immigration officer at the port of entry in Vietnam.
- Pay the visa stamping fee upon arrival in Vietnam. The visa stamping fee is payable in cash.
Apply for Vietnam e-visa from Jamaica in 2023
As of October 2023, there is no Vietnamese embassy or consulate in Jamaica. Therefore, Jamaican citizens who wish to visit Vietnam must apply for a visa online.
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa, you will need the following:
- A valid Jamaican passport with at least 6 months remaining validity
- A digital passport photo (3.5 x 4.5 cm, white background)
- A credit or debit card to pay the visa fee
How to apply
To apply for a Vietnam e-visa, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Vietnam Immigration website.
- Click on the “Apply for e-visa” button
- Fill in the online application form
- Upload your passport photo and visa fee payment
- Submit your application
The processing time for Vietnam e-visas is typically 3-5 working days. However, it is important to apply well in advance of your travel date, especially if you are traveling during peak season.
Once your e-visa is approved, you will receive an approval letter via email. Print out the approval letter and bring it with you to Vietnam. Upon arrival at a Vietnamese international airport, you will need to present your passport, approval letter, and two passport photos to the immigration officer. The immigration officer will then stamp your visa into your passport.
- Vietnam e-visas are valid for a single entry and for a period of 30 days from the date of entry.
- Vietnam e-visas can only be used to enter Vietnam through the following international airports: Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN), Noi Bai International Airport (HAN), Da Nang International Airport (DAD), Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR), and Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC).
- If you are planning to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days, or if you need to enter Vietnam through a different port of entry, you will need to apply for a visa at a Vietnamese embassy or consulate.
Vietnam tourist visa package
If you are unable to find a tour company registered in Vietnam that can sponsor your visa, or if you prefer a more convenient option, you can apply for a Vietnam tourist visa package. This will include your visa approval letter, as well as other services such as airport transfers and accommodation.
Applying for a Vietnam e-visa from Jamaica is a relatively straightforward process. However, it is important to follow the instructions carefully and to apply well in advance of your travel date.
Applying for Vietnam visa is never easier than ever! With the support of internet and high technology applications, getting a visa for Vietnam is becoming more and more simple. The customers now have different options to apply for Vietnam visa at their most convenience. Each option has its own pros and cons and below is the comparison between 2 popular options:
|Visa on arrival
|Vietnam Immigration Department
|Vietnam Embassy or Consulates with the approval of Vietnam Immigration Department
|Passport required or not?
|No need to send your original passport away
|Parting with your original passport
|Normal service: 2 working days;
Urgent service: 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours or 1 working day;
|3 – 5 working days
|From US $18
|From US $45, non-refundable in any case
|Money order, cashier’s check, company check
|Credit cards, Paypal, Western Union, bank wire transfer
|Postal cost, driving fee and even air fares to reach the Vietnam Embassy
|In person or by post
|By airplanes only
|By any means of transport
|Get visa stamped
|Queuing in front of Immigration Counter at arrival airport in Vietnam to get visa stamped. This can be skipped with our fast track service.
|Having visa already stamped onto your passport before entry Vietnam.
|Limited online support
|24 hours a day, 7 days a week
|It is especially convenient for those who are staying far away Vietnamese Embassy.
|Difficult for those who is living in the country with no Vietnam Embassy
|For travelers to Vietnam by air only
|For travelers to Vietnam by any transports